AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End of field harvest critters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BRIAN
Posted 10/15/2016 20:56 (#5583028)
Subject: End of field harvest critters

Graymont Illinois

Had some fun the last 2 days combining beans. Bean ground is damp enough , that we only have a few hours per day to harvest.
Yesterday we had 2 hawks(red tail) hanging around, on the ground, on fence posts, and the large electric erector transmission line towers.
Today they are back again, and we are down to a few rounds left, and a few(3) rabbits are in and out of the beans as we combine. The beans are down bad, good canopy, very good beans tho. Anyway, I joked with my cousin, 5 bucks on the rabbits or the hawks?
We didn't bet, but my cousin running the combine, while I was unloading beans in the bin.
We are doing non-GMO beans, so we left 4 rows next to the rr corn. The corn stalks are shredded, so there is nowhere to hide when doing the 4 rows of beans left.
My cousin said the hawks seem to know the rabbits are in the last 4 rows or they know stuff comes out of the last 4 rows.
When he combined the 4 rows the rabbits, the rabbits seemed to know there were hawks around or that is there nature. 
My cousin said the hawks were on the ground near the rabbits when the combine flushed the rabbits. The rabbits ran on the far side of the combine from the hawks. My cousin could not find the rabbits and neither did the hawks.
Brian 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)