AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grandma is needing a new cheap riding lawnmower.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Two Row
Posted 10/9/2016 17:05 (#5572485)
Subject: Grandma is needing a new cheap riding lawnmower.

My grandma had a lawn chief mower. Bought it 16 years ago and mowed her small yard in town. A pulley locked up on the deck, caught the grass that accumulates on top of the deck on fire, burned up the belts, wiring, and deformed some if the sheet meta L and deck. . The only thing that is actually worth anything on it now is the old Briggs and Stratton 14 hp motor and the new tires we put on it back in the spring. The front end was messed up so it didn't turn well and it was annoying not being able to back up with the deck in gear.
So she needs a new mower. She needs a cheap one but a reliable one. Plenty of used ones around but she has no knowledge of mowers to fix the small things that go wrong with older mowers. In a perfect situation, I would gladly mow her yard with my mower. But I'm busy mostly and I may have some mower problems coming up myself. If she had a small mower, she could mow it when she wanted to and I could easily drop by and mow it myself when I could. What are some good mowers around $1000 to $1300. I have saw mowers in this range from Troy Built to the smaller Deere's. All we want is one that has a hydrostat and it can be put in reverse with the deck in gear. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)