AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smart phone time for me, need your ideas, & HELP.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 10/4/2016 14:03 (#5563554)
Subject: Smart phone time for me, need your ideas, & HELP.

Hello all.

Well its finally time for me to upgrade.....my flip phone Star Trek communicator ( Samsung Convoy ) is cracked and its mind is failing. I sure miss my old GZone, THAT was a good phone for me !
I am with Verizon, but not locked in to any contract.

I do want a Droid phone, sorry Apple people, I have talked to many and they claim its more of a hassle to load my pics / videos to my PC. I do a fair amount of this with the farm and repair business. My wife has one, and we are still unsure if we like it...she is contemplating switching to Droid too, and giving her phone to our 14 yr old daughter ????? we'll see.....

I am looking at a Motorola Turbo II.....that even sounds good for a farmer / mechanic / and trucker huh ? LOL. Internet gives good reviews from mostly what I have read...
I like the shatter resistance and water resistance, I would still purchase a GOOD case to protect it, as I am HARD on personal wear items, think of working on trucks, combines and planters....etc everyday, in most conditions.

Then I have some pushing me to a Samsung S5.....this guy preaches "old school and reliable" , man I love the sound of that !!!!!
This same guy is pushing pageplus, nationwide monthly coverage that basically uses Verizons coverage with no contract. LIKE that too....
I kind of like idea of being able to open up and replace battery.
I am concerned about technology advancing to quick to make future upgrades / software and usage an issue with the S5 ? am I thinking correctly ?
All the Verizon stores say no to S6 and S7's due to the glass screen...which I think is a good idea.

Now...what is a touchscreen phone about ? Would I have to type in a password every time I want to use the phone with the Turbo II, since it is not touchsceen ?
Sorry for being so dumb....I dont understand that yet...

So ANY comments, ideas, GOOD or BAD, are always greatly appreciated !!!

As always THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Rog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)