AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It must be spring! (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 3/14/2016 19:30 (#5176276)
Subject: It must be spring! (pics)

Missouri

Opened the drill up and drove as fast as it'd go right before a recent shower. Was a little wet, but it looks like the mix of poor germ Rye and Oats is going to work. Hoping to turn this field back to grass.

I better get off my butt and get a wire around this stuff before it gets way ahead of me. The heifers will think they've hit the jackpot.

Took a peek at a few cows while checking the rye and noticed these three appeared to be guarding something. You can see 4 cows scattered in the background either having a calf or cleaning a fresh one.

One last diluter gift from a culled balancer bull. 

This cow just turned 14. Her mother came out of Wyoming and would run you clear to the other end of an 80 and over the fence for the two days after calving. She'll let you pull a calf without even putting a rope on her. She has 4 or 5 daughters in production and it looks like she's trying to add another. Has a rear foot that bothers her in the winter, so she might not make it much longer.

Was browsing the net and found a new pic of the bull I'm waiting on a couple cows to calve to. Hoping for heifers!... probably get bulls. 

Edited by beanplanter 3/14/2016 21:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)