AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Highline bale processors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 3/3/2016 20:58 (#5153557)
Subject: Highline bale processors

Thoughts or experiences with their units. Really intrigued with their grain tank option, augers grain into middle of rotor so it mixes to an extent as well as cracks the grain into the hay compared to say a Haybuster that top dresses the grain on the windrow.

Looking more for something to bed with, but with that system a cow calf and backgrounder that doesn't feed wet feeds at all wouldn't need a TMR mixer wagon.

I see they make a chain conveyor unit like a Haybuster. I know it's a lot more moving parts but I think it's a necessity for oblong bales and getting consistent feeding into the rotor. Are they still manufacturing Vermeer? I know Vermeer made the switch to the chain conveyor system as well but I have seen a Vermeer with the grain tank system like Highline.

Only thing is no dealers really around here. Got all kinds of Vermeer dealers but seems like none of them really push or know anything outside of balers or rakes. Hay busters are by far away most popular but not a fan of their grain tank system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)