AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

full feed and running out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 2/29/2016 21:44 (#5146813)
Subject: full feed and running out

Whats the truth about having cattle on full feed and having them run out? A lot of people say they lose a day from this. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Everyone knows cattle can be funny sometimes you can pull up to feed them and they run at you like they are starving but they still have feed left. They might eat all or a little bit of the feed you just brought but then leave some that builds up. Then you see they are not eating as much and try to cut back a little so they will clean everything up. Then they decide they want to eat and you come back the next day to a empty feeder. I usually have this problem when it gets warmer quickly. Getting a better feeder that I can load up and not have to worry about rain, snow or sifting would help. Am I worry about nothing? Does access to forage matter as opposed to cattle that only have grain in front of them?

Hate to think I am losing a day and wasting feed. Also hate to put out much more then they eat and have it sit out in the open and go stale making them sort the feed...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)