AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Hereford Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ruraltrav
Posted 2/25/2016 21:53 (#5137954)
Subject: Some Hereford Pictures

I don't share many pictures here and enjoy the pictures everyone else does so here are a few I took while tromping through the slop around here last week.  I appologize for the odd sizes, threw this up in a hurry and should have sized them down better.

Couple pictures of our yearling bulls

Guys are a little muddy ain't they?

Yearling replacement heifers

Sadly this is one of the least muddy lots we have right now too...

First 3 calves of the year:

First calf Revolution 4R heifer with a SHF York bull calf, the heifer at the left end of the feed bunk above is a full sister to her.

First calf heifer out of a Revolution 4R son we bred and her heifer calf who is the first calf we had our our new herd sire who is an On Target 936 son.  The 3D calf above is bull calf also out of that same bull but didn't get a picture of him and his momma.  Funny thing is after I snapped these photos we had 3 more calves within 24 hours.

Picture of her alone, she has a full sister that is the heifer in the middle of group of heifers above.  Have really liked this female since the day she was weaned and and couldn't wait to see how she does as a cow. This picture doesn't really do her full justice as when you get up behind her you really appreciate her even more.

Once things dry up here some and we get some more calves on the ground I'll hopefully get some more photos to share.  If the vet is right on his preg checking we're going to to have a pretty busy 3 weeks in March, we did a round of AI for late Feb. calving and may still have 1 or 2 more cows calve any day now to AI sires but seems like the synching we did really kept our new bull busy when he was turned out as we may be done calving very early in April which would be the shortest calving window we've had in awhile and really gives us some more confidence in him since he ran with 25 females in the pasture this summer.  Knew he had a good libido early on as he found a way to break through 2 lots to breed 2 heifers we planned to breed AI so subract them and a handful that settled to the AI sires and he did a pretty good job for his first year in the pasture.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)