AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crazy tiger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 12/12/2015 14:33 (#4955030)
Subject: Crazy tiger

SW WI
I wonder if any of you came across the article in farm journal titled "The threat of climate change". It quoted Greg Page, Cargill's executive director as saying U.S. production of corn,soybeans,,wheat and Cotton could decline by 14% by mid-century and as much as 42% by late century.

Now I'm not a tiger disciple but when you read articles like this he can't help but pop into your mind. We don't need to rehash all he has done, he is banned and leave it at that. If you can forget about him, when someone like the executive director for Cargill brings up concerns about declining production, do you give that some thought?

I don't know myself. I take a slow approach to things like that. I still trust genetics and management practices can keep an increasing trend yield going. Now after several years if you point to known data and prove declining production, well then I can't dispute that.

As someone has for their tag line: mother nature always bats last. Just thought it was interesting. Maybe MT has pounded this guy into submission, to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)