AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Applying my own nh3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 11/16/2015 06:51 (#4898958)
Subject: Applying my own nh3

Farmington IL
After a ownership change at my old nh3 source as well as 2 years of disappointing application by their operators I made the decison to go back to doing my own nh3. I quit doing my own application because they sold their bars and did all custom app. I wasnt thrilled about it but it did free me up to do other things so I tolerated it for 3-4 years. I didnt want to be tied to anyone so I found a Dmi 4300, set it up how I wanted and now I am a happy camper.

Wont win any beauty contest and it doesnt turn any heads because its super cool, but the cost of operation of a 10,000 hour 4630 is pretty minimal. Had to put a set of new mole knives on the tool bar before I started and a smv sticker but no other expenses. Applied 400 acres of nh3. $0 repairs. .58 gallons of diesel fuel per acre. Last year paid $12/acre. I did the bean ground going to corn. I will do another 400 acres of mostly chiseled corn stalks going back to corn in the spring or maybe after this big rain event if it dries out.

On saturday I ran over 150 acres. Left the house at 6am and was back in the house at 9pm and I stopped to at noon to eat my sandwhich in the house with dad and my hired man. That day would have cost me $1800 last year. Not a bad days pay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)