AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what would you do ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 8/30/2015 16:38 (#4761279)
Subject: what would you do ?

hello.  Need to get some second opinions on what to do. We have been dealing with cancer the last few months, we got the winter wheat
cut, then got in the busy mode for a while.  I called the coop a week or two after harvest, about burndown of the stubble.........my thought
was plain glyphos, at about a quart rate, main problem was foxtail, and maybe some buckwheat or bindweed, and maybe some sunflowers,
all of which in the past, glyphos did well, so the young bucks come out and say oh now, that will not do, we have to smoke it, etc, so
they say glyphos, additives, sharpen, and banvel..........total cost $29 per acre !!!!........and here is the clincher, if i didn't apply that, they
would not do it.........ever hear of that.......
well, fast foward to now, we have had surgery and starting to get going, but nothing has been done. i talked to some fellows to put it up
for hay, since they have done it in the past, but since there was some rye in one patch, they didn't want anything to do with it.
so its grown up, etc, and here we are sept 1 and like to plant at the end of the month.......alot of organic matter out there......
good friends and neighbors offered to do nothing.......one kid wanted to rent the ground for $35 an acre, i get $30 for pasture already,
several keep saying milo, but milo is expensive to plant, and we have a low average on insurance, and then they said they could
rent the stubs (alternative motive ?), beans, again, the $60 a bag gets me, and insurance rates high and base low.
so, what to do, disk and hope we get organic matter under control, and go back to wheat, or find another place and have
them put on a quart of glyphos, and wait a week or so and burn it all off, and no till back in.

needing to hear some imput, we are starting to get a clear head from all the activity, but some days better than others, and frankly, i don't
trust any of the neighbors after this....so hope there are some better people out there.

thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)