AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding N to Soybeans...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

71jd4000s
Posted 7/12/2015 13:24 (#4675476)
Subject: Adding N to Soybeans...

Western WI
I have a few acres of beans this year that are on virgin bean ground, farm was long time alfalfa/corn rotation (30+ years) Soil sample all are with in range. Inoculated beans, but we had a couple of heavy rains early on that might have been hard on inoculants sticking around. Blossoms are started, not much for nodules on the roots, 1-3 on most plants, some have more, but majority fit in the 1-3 category. The whole field looks lighter green, some other beans on little better ground, are darker and show better nodule development. Also virgin bean ground. 30" rows plants are 18-24 inches tall across all the affected acres.

Would putting urea on these fields help the crop any, say 100-125 lbs (46 to 57 actual N) ? Would the extra N help where nodulation lacks? Anything else that might be able to help the outcome? Thanks.

Sorry I don't have any pics. light green color pretty much even across the entire field.

edit to add, I am new to soybeans only my third season around them, still lots to learn.

Edited by 71jd4000s 7/12/2015 13:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)