AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Illinois crop tour
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 7/2/2015 21:40 (#4658626)
Subject: My Illinois crop tour

Mid-Michigan

Well, kinda. I didn't get a chance to see a lot but I did put 250 miles on in two different directions.
1. Took off from Wauconda and went west on 176. Nothing but urban sprawl for the first 25 miles. When I did get to some farm ground it was a mixture of what looked to be some pretty good deer hunting ground and some farm ground in between. Those guys crops seem pretty good. A little water damage but nothing like I heard about. Maybe I just hit a dry pocket but crops were decent. Made a circle around Belvidere and headed back home up route 22. Corn looks good and soys a little late.

2. The next day I headed straight south down route 59 out of Barrington. I had a wonderful tour of nothing but shopping malls for at least 35 miles. I got south of 80 and hit 55 south. Really started to see all the water I had been hearing about. Seems anything south of 80 (at least in my limited trip) was hurting and hurting bad. I got off on 113 towards Coal City (someone on here said to head that way for tornado damage). I saw nothing out of the ordinary except for water damage. The corn that was in early, and a little higher without any potholes seemed ok but I saw nothing that didn't have some water damage. Then I got outside of town by the high school. All I could say was holy shyt! The tornado couldn't have hit in a worse area. It came right through a woods on the west side of a subdivision then right into all those houses. What a mess and I hope someone didn't get hurt. I could not believe what it did to the baseball backstop at the school. It twisted it up into a pile better than you could have done with a hydrahoe. Some houses a total loss. It was difficult to look at. We made our way up route 47 through Morris. It appears eminent domain is taking several houses and farm buildings along 47 so that they can make the road wider. Felt bad for those losing farm ground and houses (this is progress?) Got north of 80 and crops looked very good. Nice looking farms and crops.

The way things sound, the farther south you go the worse it gets. I hope things get better for all of you in the swampy areas and I hope those of you in the way of that tornado are safe.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)