AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wondering about yellow corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

roo
Posted 7/2/2015 20:33 (#4658473)
Subject: Wondering about yellow corn

Cullom, Illinois
Early planted corn looks awesome. Probably the best I've ever seen. Late planted corn is another story. Short, yellow but somewhat even. Obviously too much water has restricted oxygen to the root system. V6-7, knee high. So it made knee high by Fourth of July. Plants seem healthy, just not green. Going to try and get some pic's tomarrow to compare after the few days of dry weather they have forecast. Plus looks like it will stay dry long enough to get some nitrogen on. Wondering how this corn will turn out? Hoping its early enough in the life cycle that it has time to recover. Guess I'm expecting close to normal yields knowing the early corn will be much better than expected. Anyone have some experience with this? I'm not talking drown corn or low spots. These are whole fields of pale green corn. Some changes in color from soil type differences and elevation but all in all, pretty consistent. Nitrate tests called for 150# sidedress which was the plan all along. If only I could control the weather.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)