AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have an idea, how crazy is it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mn_feeder
Posted 11/3/2014 16:22 (#4158691)
Subject: I have an idea, how crazy is it?

MN
So I have been feeding DDGS in my TMR, don't really have a problem doing it. I have a small bulk bin, and auger to fill a bobcat bucket with. Feed about 650# a day. Other than its a little annoying auguring into a bucket then dumping in TMR it works ok. I know I'm not getting the best price on DDGS because I only get 4 tons at a time.... Well in winter or when not using grain truck I get more and feed out of the truck, also kinda a pain but I can live with it.

I just feel the ration gets a little dry with DDGS and earlage. I really like the ration I make in season with sweet corn cannery waste added, but that's seasonal and don't really want to make a bag and feed that all year. So, I've been playing with ideas to wetten the ration a little. Thought about going to liquid supplement, and I might but I'm not sold on that and it's something that you're sort of all in on if you put the equipment up.

I'm tying modified distillers, just got my first load today. I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, but it sure looks good. Should definitely add some moisture to the earlage (which is around 35% moisture). But I think my problem will be on spoilage don't have a good way to keep the mods, just piled this load on the old cowyard. Kind of an experiment to see how fast I am going to use it up and how much spoilage I get... So any thoughts on that would be appreciated as well!

So I got to thinking (which is usually where I go wrong ha!), I got a sealstor, has anyone ever tried storing modifieds I one of these blue silos? It has a laidig unloader in it, not operational right now, but I salvaged one a while back, gearbox on mine is broke and have a replacement. Am I crazy? Or would this work? Can I blow modifieds up 50'? Maybe mix them with screenings and shoot them up there? Or is this just a disaster looking for a home?

Maybe I just need to feed more cattle and use up a load of modifieds faster...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)