AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MN yield in question???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 10/27/2014 21:36 (#4147972)
Subject: MN yield in question???

McLeod County, MN

Good evening,

I am digging into the MN corn yields again tonight via the MN corn grower plots.  Here is that data I had last year that proved MN was not as high as advertised, and in the end MN yields were lowered by 7 BPA if I remember correctly on the final report.   I felt like Babe Ruth calling his shot. 

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=444215&posts=39#M3589061

In response to the thread today of MN guys wondering about yields I started to do the same thing again this year and I will eventually complete ALL of the corn grower plots.

So far I have 9 plots this year from guys that had plots last year.  8 of the 9 plots have lower yields this year than last year.  They are lower by an average of 16.56 BPA.  Of those 9 growers, 7 have had plots for the last three years.  5 of the 7 have the worst average in 2014.  Not trying to start a pissing contest with anyone, just reporting my findings.

As soon as all the numbers/plots are available I will go through them.  My contention is if 2012, was 168 and 2013, was 160, then there is a very slim chance MN can break 160 this year.  They currently have us pegged at 170 on 7.8 million harvested.  I dont buy it at all.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)