AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bottle Calf Eye Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Geargrinder
Posted 10/11/2014 09:38 (#4119962)
Subject: Bottle Calf Eye Problem

MN
Got a 3 week old Holstein bottle calf with an eye problem. Here's a little history - purchased at 2 weeks of age as part of a group of 15 started by someone we know, came through the auction market in Wisconsin as a newborn. After about three days at our place in a calf crate, one eye turned white blue (entire eye) from morning til night and started to look like the eyeball itself was bulging into a cone shape. Now four days later, the other eye has turned white/blue (entire eye) overnight and looks like the eyeball itself is bulging with cone shape developing (same as other eye). Calf has been vaccinated three times with Bovishield Gold 5 (I accidentally revaccinated when they got here not thinking they had twice already), Inforce, and Draaxin on arrival. When first eye developed problem gave LA 300 and then another shot of Draaxin. I'm trying to figure out what is going on here. None of the other 14 calves (so far) as developed anything. He's breathing fine, no scours, drinks like crazy from a bucket. I haven't taken his temp, but acting otherwise fine. Talked to the guy purchased from and he said sounds like a digestive problem manifested in eyes, vet just suggested the LA 300 and I'm trying to figure this one out (never seen before and raised a number of cattle)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)