AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bankers in for bad fall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Honkytonkman
Posted 9/5/2014 13:25 (#4057404)
Subject: Bankers in for bad fall.

My banker is somewhat of a friend, but I have had an up and down business relationship with him. Today while making some small talk he said that his bank was gonna cap cash rent at $250.00 dollars an acre, my response to that was while it sounds good it's not realistic. He immediately got red in the face and said why?, my response was that rent just was not gonna come down that fast, there are several guys in this bank that are paying in the 400's. I also said that I think if that is there attitude they are gonna lose a lot of loans including mine. I have one farm that is high rent, ($350) But I have sold ahead to cover that farm. At this point it was getting a little heated, I then reminded him I stuck with them in good times, now things are thin and they want out, some partner. Anyway I still look good on my balance sheet and the cow herd is making good money, I wonder if some of these BTO's aren't as flush as I think and I caught banker at bad time. Or maybe he's just a moron!! Either way thanks for reading my rant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)