AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

By row fertilizer swatch control.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tgmarc86
Posted 5/13/2014 20:20 (#3868693)
Subject: By row fertilizer swatch control.

Hello. I built a fertilizer controller over the past three years that monitors continuous flow rates on each row and displays them in gpm form on the screen. This year I added by row control which can be operated manually or set to automatically follow the row clutches (I use a 1770NT JD Planter). Used John Blue piston pumps driven hydraulically, therefore I used the SCV control in the tractor to adjust the rate. (I use dual piston pumps operating at approximately 45% capacity for redundancy.)

I was able to save 6.04 percent of my total fertilizer by removing overlap over the course of a 2000 acre sample. Not counting pumps and such as they would be bought anyway, the system would pay for itself the first year.

I'm posting on here because I am considering producing these units for other people if they would be interested. If I sold them as a complete set, liquid fertilizer application can be completed during seeding at high rates (mine was 54 gpa but twice that is possible) and the unit mounts on the neck of the frame where forward fertilizer tanks generally have gone.

Would anyone have an interest in such a rig or simply fertilizer swath control?

Thanks for your input and good luck with this years crop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)