AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What pump to put on my 3pt sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cnj4bucks
Posted 5/13/2014 18:25 (#3868478)
Subject: What pump to put on my 3pt sprayer

central ohio
I built my own three point sprayer to use around the farm. I couldn't find something to do what I wanted and enjoy the design/build process anyway. The pump I was going to use was a Continental Belton pt2 gear pump. It was laying around and dad thought it would have enough flow to do what I wanted. Well I hooked it up today and the most pressure i could build up was 10psi only pushing water through four yellow spray tips. Needless to say that is not enough plus that was only one third of the nozzles I have.

Here is how I have the sprayer set up. I have a 100 gallon tank for supply. I used a set of Hardi electric valves to run booms. It is a three boom system that I have plumbed exactly like it is set up on my other Hardi sprayer, ie it has the return lines back to the tank. It also has a pressure regulator valve (and yes I did check it is all the way to highest flow) I have three sections each with four nozzles. I was also hoping to use one of the nozzles that spray 15 feet or so when spraying barn lots.

I was thinking that Hardi diaphragm pumps are called constant displacement pumps as compared to like an ace centrifugal pump which is different. I thought gear pumps were also constant displacement. I guess my question is will an ace pump work with my Hardi valves or do they only work with diaphragm pumps

Thanks for any help
Jeff
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)