AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cool Down Mr. Farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JD_OVER_CASE
Posted 4/3/2014 07:53 (#3793813)
Subject: Cool Down Mr. Farmer

NW Iowa
***Yes it is true that your seed, chem, and fert dealers are out to screw you out of every penny you have. I don't think most farmers realize how the busy works.***

Problem 1. Yes we understand that you pay for your seed in Sept. Yes we understand that you might not get the seed size that you want. Yes we understand that you might not get the variety that you want.

Solution (excuse) to the problem: I have heard many guys on here say that they just wont order or pay for seed until the spring and really get the discounts then. You could try that but good luck. I hope that you realize your dealer is not sitting on your money. He is putting that money to work by ordering your seed ASAP. It's not like we take that money and throw it into our bank account for 6 months. We have to pay for the seed as we order it.

Problem 2. Yes we only push the products that offer us free trips!

another excuse to the problem: I mean come on guys who doesnt want to go a on free trip. Maybe the reason we push you into newer products like TripleFlexx over say a straight Harness is because generally it is a better product. Wouldnt you as a farmer rather have more the 1 site of action to kill those hard to kill weeds.

Do you really think that it is in our best interest to not make the farmer happy. I used to remember when guys would come in and pick up their own seed, their own chem. It seems like farmers are more interested in making sure that there chem gets delievered then what the product will actually do.

Now i realize that not every farmer is like that, but i mean come on guys we are doing the best that we can. We can only call Monsanto or Dow or Bayer so much. We are here to serve you to the best of our ability. If that is not good enough then maybe look for a new dealer.

The grass is not always greener on the other side
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)