AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To reprimand or terminate employee from below?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 2/4/2014 23:12 (#3663658)
Subject: To reprimand or terminate employee from below?

Strathcona, mn
I posted a thread below about "how things can change in a minute". First, I have to express how thankful I am that my employee is alive and in good health after the scare we had today. Please be careful of entering grain bins.

I now am faced with how to confront the situation with my employee? After a short conversation he stated that he did not use his best judgement In placing himself in an unsafe situation. Along with placing himself in a possibly life threatening position the situation could have risked my entire operation due to his behavior. I do not ask or expect my employees to enter into unsafe conditions or expect them to perform duties that they are not comfortable in. He has been a so-so employee, not bad but not great either. He is flexible around my hours with his schedule. In the last year he has put himself in situations I would deem as unsafe. I have mentioned these to him when I see them happen. What does an employer do? Would you terminate for failing to perform job functions in a safe manor risking himself, others, and myself as employer or give him a safety citation and reprimand for that? I'm at a loss on this one as I am just glad he is ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)