AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader mobile or tower base station
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gemarsh
Posted 11/17/2013 08:50 (#3449376)
Subject: Agleader mobile or tower base station

Central NE

After considerable time of wasting my dealers and agleaders time, I need to get away from VRS next year. Losing RTK signal throughput over Verizion network. Just got bad this fall. Throughput stays at 0% more than 90%.(Too many Obama free phones?)

Agleader has tower and mobile base stations. What is the difference? Can a person turn a mobile into a tower base, if a person was to mount the antenna on top of a grain leg or building? The mobile base is 2k cheaper.

Or does the tower base have the cabling that would be required and a power supply that would run on 120volt? Does it come with a tower? If so, how high?

I would prefer not having to drag a mobile tripod and battery to the different fields for every operation. Fields are within 4 miles of each other on flat ground, if I was to setup a base at the middle field that has power available. I could setup a repeater if I would happen to pickup land outside of the 8 mile radius.

VRS is real handy in theory, but also at $1000 for a 10 month subscription, with my own base I could get the same $1000 service for the whole year. 10 months is not quite long enough. It would pay for itself 10-12 years. Could also sell service to neighbors possibly at a drastic reduced rate. $100/year? I have that option of running off a neighbors tower, but still would be $1000 a year and in the end own nothing. Is it just that easy? Give someone a port and IP address with maybe a login and password and off they go?

Am I overlooking something? Thanks for putting up with the newbie questions.

Gayle                

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)