AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Yield Monitoring-not able to do tare calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ih_jon
Posted 11/14/2013 09:37 (#3444021)
Subject: Trimble Yield Monitoring-not able to do tare calibration

MF 9690 combine with Trimble FM 750 and partial yield monitoring kit with ag leader moisture sensor. We have harvested wheat and soybeans and 30% of corn crop and machine has worked excellent. The machine then had a part replaced on the top side of the rotor housing and the rotor had to be taken out to perform repair. Some welding was done but all electronics where disconnected as well as battery. Since this repair the yield monitoring has not worked. First it would only read half the yield it should be running. So we recalibrated and that fixed the problem. The next week the yield monitoring system completely quit working reading zero bushel per acre and moisture reading is still working. I am not able to complete tare calibration. It says" tare calibration has timed out please connect yield monitoring system." I have plenty of memory 500 hrs left on the display and have done hard reboot and created new configuration and have also tried setting up different model of combine. Then went through multiple times the paddle dimensions and elevator pitch settings and they are checking out good. When I go into diagnostics page all sensors are active, green indicator lights on both sensors, when machine is running receiver light is flashing yellow. I am seeing complete yield monitoring system and I have 12 volts to sensor and 5 volts on signal wire and all wires going to optical sensors have been oems tested as well as can wires from module to display. Have unplugged all connections and inspected plugs and pins. Have replaced terminators, module, optical sensors and display. Went through mounting of optical sensors replaced lenses just to try something. Nothing has changed anything and I am still unable to complete tare calibration. Then we moved onto machine side and on diagnostics page I am getting a high level of noise. When machine is idle my noise level runs about 10 to 15% as the engine and machine rpm increases so does noise level up to over 40% then will keep climbing and end up reading too high to high. We have been through the grain elevator and I have systems on other machines in worse conditions, have checked sprockets and bearings. It does seem like we are having a high level of vibration on the machine and everything is pointing to machine side thus far. Grain elevator chain is tight, paddles seem to be fine not finding any loose ones or cupping this chain is not new, though. Has anybody out there run into similar situation? I have been on the phone with support multiple times and nothing I try has changed anything. Any advice or help is greatly appreciate. Thank You
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)