AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geo Steer seems to sensitive to trees...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 10/29/2013 22:27 (#3412069)
Subject: Geo Steer seems to sensitive to trees...

East Central Ia
We have two Geo Steers that are on WAAS atm. We are converting our gps all to ag leader but still have several older ag leader or case branded trimble systems.

Our rtk base station is trimble still. My planter tractor and sprayer are still on the trimble base so I dont want to switch it untill I make a change with those two pieces of equipment.

My combine and Mt855C are the equipment using the geo steer.

Our problem is putting on hog manure with our 855... waas is horrible for this as you are constantly starting and stopping and the waas is drifting to much.

Can I adjust the geo steer to be less senstive to trees? Several of our buildings have a lane with trees along the north side and everytime we drive out with a load we lose our waas fix. As we r simply crissing the road to apply the load this is very annoying!

Our if we upgrade to rtk and run it off IACORS will it regain its fix quicker after losing it?

These geo steers will be on rtk eventually, but they will be on our rtk base not cors. But short term is cors my best stop gap... WAAS isnt cutting it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)