AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRS through bluetooth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SnowTractor
Posted 9/26/2013 14:02 (#3350000)
Subject: VRS through bluetooth

I have been able to connect my verizon tablet to NC's VRS network and am able to send corrections to an FMX or CFX750, but only using manual position data. I want to use the correction source for Autopilot. The problem I run into is that Trimble's FMX will only send NMEA out through the NAV controller when using autopilot, but it cant receive CMRs back through the NAV. I have the Parani SD-1000 connected to the serial diagnostic connector on the NAV controller and I can successfully use the automatic location in the NTRIP app to connect to North Carolina's VRS caster, but I cant send the CMRs back through. I can switch to manual location and put in my LAT and LONG, and connect through one of the ports on the back of the FMX and have no problem getting corrections, but I cant send the GGA message out of the port while the NAV controller is connected. ANY IDEAS?

We are going to attempt to split the RS232 tx wire out and tie it into a deutsch connector and plug into a port on the back of the FMX. This way we are getting position info from the NAV and sending corrections via CMR into the FMX. But I was wandering if anyone could offer a simpler suggestion. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)