AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double Knots.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/22/2008 14:43 (#289765)
Subject: Double Knots.

The market was very accommodating to me today. Let me out of my short corn a little higher than it closed. Now, it’s back to the drawing board.

Let me in the November soybeans on the exact high.

Allowed me to participate in the march wheat at a price a little above the close.

I am once again a long term trader.

Thankfully, I was dabbling here and not aggressive.

While addressing the actions of a senile person, I am also going to pass on a tip, which you may or may not find helpful.

Some time ago, I decided to double-knot my shoe laces as when you meet folks from either the west coast or east coast, they are usually pretty sharp & give a person a pretty good once over. They spot double-knotted shoelaces almost instantly. Assuming of course, I am unable to tie my shoes, should they become untied.

There are some advantages to appearing just a little slow on the trigger. People are just a bit more polite. Sometimes you run across some folks of whom you are not particularly fond, nor they of you & not wanting to appear to verbally abuse a slow, elderly person, they too are nice.

People don’t expect a lot from you.

Some people avoid you, providing more free mental time to reflect on the markets.

Had a medical check-up early yesterday & my young doctor noticed this immediately and was ready to embark on a long dissertation about memory drugs. The spouse, in the room with me, immediately ratted me out…and the doc gave me one of those cold glares. The spouse is a little insensitive about being in the company of someone who double-knots his shoes.

Also permits forgetting the occasional lousy trade, and focus on only the good ones. I am in that frame of mind this afternoon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)