AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble's Implement guideance/monitoring?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johndeere76
Posted 7/14/2013 11:00 (#3207620)
Subject: Trimble's Implement guideance/monitoring?

NE Nebraska
Couple of questions.

With implement monitoring:
Since the implement does not have a navII for terrain compensation, does it correct the position of the gps reciever based on the current reading from the tractors navII 40' in front of it or does it "remember" the terrain reading from the tractor and apply it to whenever the implement passes that same loactaion? Example, tractor crosses a ditch and the implement is leaning to the left while tractor is now leaning to the right?

Will the guideance lines be generated from the loaction of the tractor still or will it use the implements gps loaction?

With true tracker: I would be using a MBW hitch for my steering.
I would need to make all new curved guideance lines for terraces since the lines were created without any gps on the implement and only recorded the position of the tractor?

The main question that I am trying to solve is that I might try implement monitoring and use the MBW hitch and its own controller with our planter and strip till machine. ( already have the MBW hitch and controller and really like it)If I would have to make new guideance lines anyway with going to ture tracker, I might just try implement monitoring first as long as I would not have to make the curved guideance lines for a third time. Trying to ease into the 8-10 grand to add true tracker. I can track very well on straight passes but about 30-35% of our ground is terraced so thats what I am working on trying to get on the strip better.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)