AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RR resistant Kochia problems...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SDhusker
Posted 7/8/2013 22:05 (#3198229)
Subject: RR resistant Kochia problems...

Gettysburg, SD
Started as a small patch near an akali spot in field. Spot sprayed it out as best i could in the beans with Distinct; knocked it out of the park. Planted corn the next year, sprayed area with Lumax, it let go about two weeks after application, High pH i assume kept it from working. Decided that patch needed a different approach, so I kept it black with disk and weeds tilled up (in akali spot). Must have missed some, in patches all over the field.

Didnt see any emerging before planting, so just used a 32oz rate of RT3 for burndown assuming problem was still isolated. Saw a couple small patches when planting beans, darn. Rolled beans a week later and saw lots of patches, double darn. So, came back with .75 pt/acre Flexstar(not labeled for kochia, but was told it would work) and 44 oz of Powermax. Burnt it nicely for a week and it came back.

Now I am in deep trouble. Beans are just prior to bloom, kochia is scattered all over the 160 acre field. In patches about 20' in diameter, and a few scattered plants.

There is also some ALS resistant kochia in the neighborhood, but i am thinking of using Extreme to get what I can, then manage the escapes by hand. Also have considered spot spraying with Status or something of the like(with 4 wheeler), I know I may lose the beans, but I am more concerned about the Kochia.

I am tearing my hair out, and losing time. Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)