AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for precision advice....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

wbstofer
Posted 6/27/2013 07:45 (#3176931)
Subject: Looking for precision advice....

North Central IN
So back in the day I bought an Outback S2 from my fertilizer dealer with a 360 to map and record data. Worked so much better than my foamer. Later I bought an S3 and and traded my S2 in for a second S3. Found an RTK base station on eBay. Bought hydraulic autosteer for two tractors. I was in high cotton. Still couldn't seem to get it adjusted for planting corn, but was awesome for everything else.

Found a used AgLeader 3000 yield monitor for my 9500 combine. Thought that would be a great addition. Bought SMS software. No way to integrate planting data from the Outback into the AgLeader software.

Bought a used sprayer last year. Had a Trimble 500/EZ steer/EZ boom. Loved the swath control. Never tried to run it without the swath control. 90' is a lot bigger than my old 60' & 45' that I ran in the past. 5 sections.

Bought a new planter last winter. Came with an Insight. Air clutches. Swath control. No multi product or auto swath unlock.

Now what do I do? Buy a Green Star so I have all the systems? Maybe I'm missing something different from CIH? Sorry for the vent, but I am a little frustrated.

Is there something that can integrate all this data? Should I even care? Do I need to punt all the other stuff and buy all AgLeader? Would love to gather opinions from the group about what people have done in similar situations. There are things I like about all the systems. I pretty much have them all figured out by now, it just makes me mad that nothing is talking to each other.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated...TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)