AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing Rawson Accu-Rate and FieldIQ on a 955
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

okpanhandle
Posted 6/1/2013 19:27 (#3131862)
Subject: Installing Rawson Accu-Rate and FieldIQ on a 955

Guymon, OK
So I finally got a Rawson kit for my 955 planter, and I could use some advice. I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly to mount the drive motor, since there isn't any clearance between the rows and under the hoppers to mount it with the provided bracket in the standard position. My current idea is building a bracket to hang in the middle of the toolbar, bolted to the existing bracket that holds the big hydraulic valve block. I think that would work just fine for the motor, but it limits the options of where I can mount the Rawson controller and Seed Monitor Module. I wanted to put the RM and SMM in front of the hoppers, but the cable length from the motor is questionable. Does anyone have any tips on where to put everything, maybe some pics?

Trimble's manuals would work great if I owned a Deere, but I don't, and their website is pretty useless. If anyone from Trimble happens to read this, it would be really cool if you could make a few short video tutorials or put some pictures in a .pdf, something to detail how to install your gear on different kinds of common equipment.

I asked the same basic question on the Machinery forum a while back, but got no joy. Maybe it was the wrong forum, or everyone was busy with planting... I don't know. Anyway, I'm asking again, hat in hand. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)