AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1240 planter experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

overbrook
Posted 5/18/2013 22:59 (#3104572)
Subject: 1240 planter experts

I'm rolling along and go to turn around and the toolbar won't raise. The ends raise up but the center section just sits there. I checked the solenoids and they seem to be shifting, but somewhere the oil is getting blocked from the lift cylinders. After much trial and error I realized the center section does raise, just very slowly. If I keep bumping the button it eventually raises normally. After the first incident this happened probably 6 times in the 2 1/2 hours it took to finish the field. It should rain here tonight so I may have a little time to chase this down, but I'm open for suggestions on where to look. I'm pulling with an MX 210.

Also, my tire seems to have a little problem. This lump appeared yesterday evening. It was the size of a tennis ball that has now become a football in a little over 100 acres or 24 hours. Do you think Goodyear will do anything for me? The planter is in its 4th season and I'd think the tires should have a little more life than that. I was tempted to lance the lump but didn't want to lose the tire before I got home.

(tire.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tire.jpg (13KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)