AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wondering what some of you are paying to keep your precision equipment up to date?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Magicmatt41
Posted 4/21/2013 12:32 (#3052395)
Subject: Wondering what some of you are paying to keep your precision equipment up to date?

We just got a bill for ours to kept it updated and it was to high to even put on here. It involved a monitor, an antenna, steering control box, tractor software, and planter control boxes. The antenna, which we haven't even used yet. Had to be updated because the software in it didn't work with our modem. The actual price for the software for this stuff wasn't really that much, but the labor seems pretty high. This may not have been so bad if we had a choice, but we can't update any of this equipment ourselves, It all has to be done by a dealer. I know some monitor you can update from internet to a usb stick and updates our free. I know apple and microsoft updates are free. Most, maybe all app and phone updates are free.

Ours was around $1200 and we haven't even got the combine software in the monitor yet. In the past we haven't had to pay to get it updated so I am a little forgiving there. But if we have to pay that much ever year? Keep in mind that the tractor is a 2010 and the planter is a 2012. The next time i get anything new its going to be including in the price. All software updates and precision equipment updates associated with this piece of equipment are including in the price. For what you pay for stuff it should be.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)