AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something has to go right every once in a while (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 2/19/2013 12:34 (#2910369)
Subject: Something has to go right every once in a while (pics)

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
Had a guy stop by this morning really hard up for money and wanted to know if we had any cedars that needed cleared or fence that needed torn down or anything.
Im about as poor as they come but He's a local and i could tell he needed some money today to keep the heat on so I said, "you want to do some work now and Ill give you some cash at lunch".

There is an old fence that I wanted him to clear beside so I could run an electric fence and have a spot wide enough to drive a pickup so I took him out there and as we were winding our way through the woods we came across an older cow calving in the middle of the woods ,

She is one of those cows I would never check on in a million years and wouldn't worry about her if she was gone.

she stands out in my mind because she kinda ugly (i think shes pretty) and was really ugly as a calf and my brother and dad were going to sell her as a heifer but I kept her and sinse then she is a really good cow and always has one of the best calves and we have never had to even think about helping her calve even when she was a heifer.

I said well hugh Ive never even seen her calve before. And figured she would have the calf, but I figured Id check on her a couple hours later and she still had the same foot pushed out but that was it. and she was on the ground pooped. It was only a couple hundred yards from a rental corral so we ran her up the fence and

Sure enough head and one leg off to the side and curled back. his tongue was blue and his head was swollen but I think he will still have normal mental capacity, and hes a big bull calf :). I think I might give the guy clearing the cedars an extra 50 for the good luck involved.

edit, (hes jet black, my camera makes him look red with the after birth)

Edited by mcupps 2/19/2013 12:37

(calf443.jpg)

(calf 443-2.jpg)

(calf 443-3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments calf443.jpg (110KB - 84 downloads)
Attachments calf 443-2.jpg (103KB - 79 downloads)
Attachments calf 443-3.jpg (109KB - 81 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)