AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GIPSA Fine Follow Up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 1/15/2013 19:14 (#2825326)
Subject: GIPSA Fine Follow Up

NEMO
Sold some calves at Lolli's today in Macon. Talked to one of the clerk ladies and asked about the fine. She said that she saw it also and thought 'Oh my! That was 2 years ago.' According to her and if I remember what she said correctly, 'In March of 2011 they were checked/reviewed/audited (? the proper term) and had to pay a fine of $1500 in August of 2011.' She said 'it was minor stuff and that some cattle were transferred/switched on paper and not ran back through the ring. Their fine was small compared to Maryville, over $100,000 and wondered why it was brought up again.'

I sat around a sale barn (not Lolli's) a few years ago after a sale while waiting on preg-outs and was suprised at what took place. Two or 3 order buyers and the sale barn owner/managers were going over weights and different groups of cattle. Order buyers were complaining the scale was off, so they ran a few groups back through, made adjustments on those groups, and I believe on some other groups also that didn't come back through the ring. The order buyers were transferring cattle amongst themselves and getting loads to work out. With all of this said, I could see where 'cattle were switched on paper and not ran back through the ring!'

Edited by cows-n-crops 1/15/2013 22:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)