AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soy Hulls? or other feeding ideas (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 12/17/2012 09:16 (#2757416)
Subject: Soy Hulls? or other feeding ideas (pic)

King City, Mo

I have been giving some creep feed to the cows. 3-4lbs per day. They look alright, but would like to give them something more because my hay isn't going to last as long as long as i had figured and the bales of straw dr with molasses are alright, but not the cows favorite every day.

I have lots of wheat straw, could of sold them for $25/bale but kept them, putting 5-10 gallon of qlf molasses on them at $11.5-23/bale of molasses on them. So not a bad price this year for feed....

I have enough grass hay to put 3 bales or so out every week for 25-30 day. 1/2 the grass hay is crp hay that is ok to poor quality, the other hay is top notch grass/red clover from a fertilized hay field. I can keep straw out every day.

The creep feed pellets are 14% protein and run $300+. I will call and get the current price later.

I called cargill and checked there bean bid line and they said soy hulls were $200, i could go get a semi load of soy hulls from them my self. Fill the auger wagon and keep it in the shed, and fill outta the semi w/ the unload auger into the pickup feeder until semi is empty so it's not tied up.

I have a couple of cows that would like more feed....they are shopping the neighbors poorly picked corn field every few days.....they are going to town once i get there tag number...(they know to go home and that i'll assist w/ the pickup to get them in so they run back before i can get across the corn field.

Edited by lawfarms 12/17/2012 09:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)