AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions for dairy farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere5010
Posted 12/12/2012 10:07 (#2747488)
Subject: Questions for dairy farmers

Nebraska
I have found a place that is willing to let me buy cows and milk them with their herd of cows as you all know I have no place to get started in my family.

What would be the best agreement for the owner and me to both benefit from each other as owning cows. Right now I would just like to buy cows and own them and let the milk check go to the owner as I will be starting out. I see this way as being least complicated for both of us. I might only own 5 or so in the beginning so nothing huge but wont be buying 30 and letting them keep all the milk check. He also has the land for the extra cattle to support the feeding of more cattle.

We are in the planning stages and putting together ideas to make this work so that in 5-7 years I will be able to purchase or rent my own place and own the cattle outright with no financing on them. But that is further down the road

Does anybody know of somebody I could contact or maybe somebody has went through this with somebody to help them get started. Would any extension through Wi or Il or Ia have any "structured agreements" to help us go through with this.

We both do not want to get burned by each other and we all know how agreements work out like that with just a handshake. This is not my first rodeo and on the last one I got burned with getting no pay for last 2 months as I told them I was leaving for my best interest and I became the ---hole but was doing all the work for them and making peanuts.

Let me hear your ideas!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)