AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to love a farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hokie07
Posted 10/24/2012 16:34 (#2658841)
Subject: How to love a farmer

I did not grow up on a farm, but I made agriculture my career interest when my grandfather told me "You can't be in the FFA - that's for boys!"

A few years after that comment was made, I found myself at Virginia Tech studying crop and soil science. During my junior year, a wonderful grain farmer-in-training transferred to us from Penn State. He asked me out for a date on the day we met. I told him I already had a boyfriend. Naturally, he was crushed. We became great friends, graduated together, and went our separate ways with our respective mates.

Four years later, we were both single again and decided to meet. We fell head over heels and I moved onto his farm (three hours away from home) six months later. Life was a peach.

For the record - I love my boyfriend. He's bright, kind, and entertaining. He's also faithful and a good provider. But, just like the song goes, he's hard to love.

It's hard to love a farmer in-between the long hours, market watching, phone calls, AgTalk posts, and sports. (Yes, the sports he's not even watching because he's busy logging a million numbers onto a million spreadsheets.)

Ok.... maybe it's not the love that's difficult.... but rather finding the TIME to love.

So....

Ladies: How do you handle the stress of being married to a man who's married to his job? I mean ways other than hobbies (which DO NOT replace men), prayer, and just not thinking about it.

Gentlemen: How do you make the most of the time you do have with your better halves?

*** Sweetheart: If you're reading this, "will work for kisses". ***

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)