AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

electric grid heat under tile floor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 8/15/2012 00:11 (#2540044)
Subject: electric grid heat under tile floor

We're remodeling our bathroom &kitchen areas. Part of the remodeling is putting down electric grid heat under porcelain tile through out both rooms. Our house heat is a hot water boiler, which we are also replacing. Our intent was to us the grid to take the chill off the floor & to use the boiler as the main source of heat. The electric heat will have a thermostat in the bathroom & another for the kitchen. Both rooms plus a laundry room are one zone for the hot water heat with the thermostat in the kitchen. My question is how do we set it up so one thermostat doesn't over ride the other? My concern is if the floor heat over rides the hot water then the laundry room will be cold as it won't have the floor heat. If the hot water heat is the dominate heat how do we keep the tile floor from having a chill? Creating a seperate zone for the hot water heat in the laundry room would solve the problem there but still need to know how to settup the bath & kitchen to do what we want. I appreciate any advice. Or am I over thinking this ?

TIA,
boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)