AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crp Coming out, and going into production?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

notil750
Posted 7/11/2012 09:52 (#2479229)
Subject: Crp Coming out, and going into production?

North Dakota
just curious what anyone has done to put crp back into production? i got some coming out and this is what i have done before. i hayed off grass, then i let it green up some and sprayed it then i used a lawson areator and rolled it (big 14' landroller with blades on roller) it does a nice job loosening ground up and somewhat flatening badger mounds off. i do that in fall and spring i come in and notill soybeans into it. its worked pretty good in past years and we can get a crop off it (nothing special) but in the fall if the crp is really rough the sod has seemed to rot enough were we can disc it without leaving clumpy sod all over. best case scenario is we dont have to level it off by discing since we are all notill. but this crp is not out until october so we cant touch it til then, so we gota hay it and haul off bales and try to roll it (which takes awhile since its 14' somewhere around 50 to 60 acres a day) and spray if its not to late in the fall. all while we are trying to combine beans and corn. has anyone used a salford or coulter on crp sod? i was wonderin if it would somewhat level the ground and just chew up stubble enough to seed alittle easier? just looking for faster alteratives other than areator gonna be one busy fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)