AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wheat behind failed corn and corn chemicals?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bill7120
Posted 7/4/2012 21:25 (#2466980)
Subject: wheat behind failed corn and corn chemicals?

We have some ground we would like to plant to wheat in fall but its got corn on it now but with no ears developed its has been tasseling since june 18th where the tassel is now some is turning brown as have the stalks in the last week. so planning on insurance comming in and failling the crop but now worried about corn chemicals most water any has had is 4 inches and not in one time, chemiclas used in various fields are fulltime,lumax, Bicep, lumax. useing lots of different chemicals for various weeds one using one on each field have heard fulltime it a 8month wait after spraying? hoping not i have 20 acres i would like to plant to wheat. but have 15 more next to it with lumax whats the wait period? had 200 acres of wheat this year done between 55-80bpa so wanting to get some xtra money in the summer and maybe double crop some as well as sow clover for hay already have a market for the hay and straw. will be in contact with my agent in a couple of weeks just wanting to know if wheat after corn chemicals will work planning on disking down the corn when i get approval. will also scatter some wheat on the ground before i plant to see if it will work but wanting to know if its even possible. i would think with the hot dry weather the corn chemical would not work as well maybe its just me thinking this. also after spraying it was cultivated and anhydrous ammonia was applied as well. the chemical was sprayed abouyt 3 leaf high on all chemicals. thanks for the help

Bill   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)