AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wont stay running
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

REI
Posted 4/26/2012 22:16 (#2355423)
Subject: Wont stay running

Ok to start off with I have a Gehl 4610 with the perkins diesel. I had a new injector pump put on last fall. Well this winter it dies on me. So I loaded it up brought it to the shop. Found out he said it was the seat switch, He replaced it. Ok got it backand it died again. I will say it cranks but not getting fuel. So we changed the silenoid by the injector pump that kills the fuel when shutting off. Ok it ran again!!! Then it dies again. Well we seen the glass housing on the fuel filter leaking from a crank. So we replaced that. It ran once again. I ran it hard then it died once again. Changed filters again, primed it up (BTW priming this this is a PITA!!!) It ran once again. Well Today pulled it out of the shed to change buckets right after it sat all night it died and once again it is sitting. Everytime it dies I have to prime it up and crank the injector line and it will start after lietting it sit for a half hour. Today I got it started it died in 30 seconds. WHen this machine is running it is a work horse. Any one have any ideas why it keeps shutting down? All the fuel lines are tight. We checked it all out. We are baffeled. I know I should scrap it and buy a newer one that runs by I don't use enough to justify buying a newer one. I just want this thing reliable. Any help is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)