AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Underground locator/fault finders.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 4/6/2012 08:51 (#2323565)
Subject: Underground locator/fault finders.

Southern Alberta Canada
I'm looking for a reasonably priced good quality underground wire locator/fault finder. We've been hiring local electricians but it's expensive (min $500 a visit) and we are on their schedule (can be over a week away).
A local electrician says he's been selling the Greenlee 501 II as a tracer and the Greenlee PE 2003 as a fault finder. Are these decent units? One fella I know that used to be in the locator business says all he used was a locator to locate and find faults and it worked great. It seems most local electricians are running ten thousand dollar units.
I found a kit on the internet by Amprobe AT2005 that seems to get good reviews by electricians online, it seems good because it can locate, find opens, shorts and seems it would be handy for other jobs in the field, buildings and maybe even troubleshooting shorts and such on equipment. I can't find accurate specs on it's underground abilities, it doesn't have a wand so I don't know how accurate or good it would be for wires buried up to seven feet deep and a mile long.
What are you guys using? Are there units that perform way better then others? Any body know of used units for sale?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)