AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Run in with Sherriff's Dept and City cops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 3/25/2012 21:54 (#2306243)
Subject: Run in with Sherriff's Dept and City cops

Southeast Florida
Yesterday I was almost home when I looked in the rear view mirror and seen blue lights flashing. I didn’t think I had done anything wrong so I turned on my street to let the officer go on, WRONG! He started tapping his siren. I looked in the rear view mirror and 2 more cop cars came rolling up with lights on. The first sheriff’s deputy comes up to the back of the truck and asked me to keep my hands where he could see them and he had his hand on his pistol that was unsnapped. I asked him “what I did do wrong”. He said I didn’t come to a complete stop at the 4-way stop a block away from my street. I asked him “you sure about that”? Well by this time cop 2 and 3 are there and one of them had a K9 out at the back of my truck lying on the ground. The officer asked me to roll up my windows and keep my hands on the steering wheel. He them backs away from my truck with his hand on his pistol. Rover is sniffing my truck all over and just keeps lying down due to lack of interest. Then cop #1 asks me if it was OK to search my truck, I said sure. The dog got in the front seat with no results and they put him in the back. Now this was a Kodak moment if I would have had my phone ready; the dog took interest in something in my rear floorboard. Cop 2 & 3 went to looking at what he’s doing while cop #1 is about to draw his pistol when he retrieved a day old McDouble Cheeseburger. By this time all of the neighbors are standing outside looking at what’s going on. I’m talking to my wife on my cell who is watching all of this from the front yard asking her what she wants to do about dinner tonight. Everybody that could see what Rover retrieved from my truck was laughing and I thanked the officer for finding that hamburger before it got to stinking too bad.

Now the neighbors are worried about me being some kind of criminal if the cops are going through my vehicle. I think sometime Monday I’m going downtown to ask the Sherriff what the hell is going on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)