AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for guys planting with waas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 3/9/2012 17:53 (#2277956)
Subject: question for guys planting with waas

Paxton, IL

I'm thinking of putting my ez-steer and fm750 in my second plantor tractor this spring to hopefully decrease the frustration when planting towards night time and in dusty conditions (and hopefully straighten my rows out a bit).  This tractor would just be planting soybeans on 15" rows.  Right now I've just got the 750 running on waas.  I'm thinking about upgrading it to RTX, but I don't think that is going to happen for this spring. 

My question for those of you that are planting on the waas signal is how often am I going to have to nudge the line in order to keep it on the mark?  I'll just be using straight A-B lines and will still be using the markers.  I just want the ez steer to keep it pretty well on the mark.  Looking at running about 6.5 mph on pretty level ground.  Will I have to nudge a couple times in a 1/2 mile row or will I constantly have to keep on it to the point that I might as well just steer myself?

my only experience so far with the ez-steer is in my sprayer going 10-14 mph.  I notice it wondering around a bit at that speed, but at only 6.5 mph will it hold the line better?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)