AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Dealers, please help!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mhiler100
Posted 3/2/2012 14:04 (#2263246)
Subject: Trimble Dealers, please help!!!

NW IA
I have been having many discussions in the past weeks regarding RTK off the Iowa CORS network. We are running an FMX with a Raven slingshot hub, and had major troubles last fall keeping enough satellites to keep us fixed on RTK. We have been trying to evaluate the true cause of the issue, and if we need to go in a different direction regarding hardware and/or correction methods. From the conversations I have had with multiple sources, it appears the primary cause of our heartache has been isolated to the fact that the FMX will not accept RTCM V3, which eliminates the possibility of using GLONASS satellites as part of any CORS correction solution. We are also in a geographically unique area regarding CORS, as we are directly between two tower locations, and even the near solution did not work on several fields, as the unit would "jump" between the two repeatedly. The IA CORS has made an update with the intent to improve the max solution, but from all the conversations I have had, the true fix is being able to use the glonass sats in the solution.

So, long story short, Trimble dealers or tech support, please push the word uphill that the FMX (and probably CFX for that matter) needs to open up the option for RTCM V3 to be able to use the GLONASS with 3rd party correction sources. And trying to sell someone new hardware and a subscription to your network is NOT customer service. Heard customers are happy customers!!! Please feel free to contact me if necessary. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)