AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help, little slow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

stacker man
Posted 2/19/2012 19:09 (#2238923)
Subject: Need help, little slow

south central Idaho
At one time as an AgE student I was very up on precision ag. But haven't kept up like I should especially as indepth as I should. So now find myself a little swamped. If I sound dumb, please be patient, my wife assures me I am.

Looking into a complete system; yield, guidance, Vrt, multiproduct control, etc. Having more problems comparing apples to apples as I thought I would. Have 1680 combine with yield monitor, 4850 planting and incorporating tractor, old kinze 2100 12 row stackfold w/ 2x2 and in row, casein drill w/ in row. Looking to upgrade tractor, planter, and drill this year and next ( not enough funds for all at once).

Was looking into ag leader or Trimble, but nearest Agleader dealer is switching to raven (initially ruled them out as pricey)

So now that I've rambled long enough to completely lose you, here come the questions:a) is there a good way to steer this tractor or find newer planting tractor? b) how do you calculate rtx vs rtk? (having trouble getting straight answer on true costs especially rtx) c) what options do I have to yield map dry hay? d) is mixing and matching components an option for a novice like me

Thanks so much,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)