AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What type of bale spear will handle haylage bales without bending the spears? (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chris22
Posted 2/17/2012 20:57 (#2235227)
Subject: What type of bale spear will handle haylage bales without bending the spears? (pic)

Wisconsin
Just wondering if there is a bale spear that will handle haylage bales without bending the main spear over time. The bales we are feeding are probably pushing 2200-2500lbs and they are really starting to bend the spear. (And yes, we always keep the bale up tight to the frame of the attachment). This bale spear is an older Virnig model that has handled 10's of thousands of bales so maybe it is just plain old worn out. I can't find any new spears that have the large main spear like our current one does. Otherwise I would just consider purchasing a new main spear. We have straightened it out 3 or more times and it just bends right back within a couple weeks. Are the new spears that are smaller in diameter stronger than the style we have in the picture? I think ours is 2" while the newer styles are 1". Also, what type of spear do you guys like or would recommend? TIA

(2012-02-17_16-22-23_515.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2012-02-17_16-22-23_515.jpg (27KB - 146 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)