AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deere active downforce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

terracefarmer
Posted 2/7/2012 15:38 (#2211671)
Subject: deere active downforce

Central MO
i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. it is a new option on 2012 jd planters but thought maybe someone got to test it last year. i am wondering, because i can't tell by the literature, if each row adjusts itself across the planter? the literature reads as if only the front and back sections adjust downpressure and all the rows on that section adjust together at the same time.

the precision planting stuff it looks like each row acts independently which makes sense, but on the jd i just can't tell. trying to come up with a retrofit kit for our 2011 1790 16/31 planter on a 2630 monitor. we have all jd stuff so it doesn't make sense to go to precision planting just for the airforce.

on these big central fill planters where the weight in the middle in very different from the wings, i would thinking having each row be able to adjust downpressure automatically while driving across the field would pay for itself, but its just hard to come up with info from john deere on this new automatic downforce system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)