AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radishes in 22 in rows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ndred
Posted 8/27/2011 07:51 (#1932439)
Subject: Radishes in 22 in rows

s nd
Have two planters set at 22 in rows, one a 24 row vac, and one an old 18 row sugar beet plate planter. Recommendation was four pounds an acre. That would be one and a half inches apart. Only radishes getting planted. What planter and spacing were you shooting for in your cover crop cnj4bucks? Looks like it could have been two inches apart. Should I back off this late and plant further apart, say two to three inches? I have a bunch of plates for the plate planter, and looks like a red plate would be 9/64 and should work. Do have one size bigger, green, that might lets some doubles through, but also might damage some seed. That planter is set up for beets with the tube bolted in the middle, so seed would be right over the plate and clean out better. But the 24 row might work with the sugar beet plate, but don't want to suck a bunch of seed into the tool bar that they use for suck. It was half full of seed and powder when I bought it. I can't find a number on the vac plate, but if I used this planter, would not take much to go back over and put in eleven inch rows. Could do that with the 18 also, though I guess. Gonna try to get this done today, as chances of rain tomorrow. Any thoughts appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)