AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please Help :: How can a guy go about finding a certain person?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 7/31/2011 13:15 (#1888435)
Subject: Please Help :: How can a guy go about finding a certain person?

N IL

Ok here's the deal.

I put an ad on a website that I have always had luck with in the past. I was/am looking for a radiator off of an unstyled John Deere G for my pulling tractor. I had a guy email me who has a low radiator for a G which is extremely rare and hard to find. I happen to have a low radiator serial # G that I could put this on so you can see why I really want this. In case you are wondering, it is worth the effort to find this guy since I could end up with a tractor worth some big $$$$.

Here is the email, please tell me what you think.

"hello Dave i may have what you are looking for or possibly not. i have a radiator off our 37 g. it was the original radiator that came on the tractor new. grandpa had troubles with the tractor overheating so deere put a different radiator on it. but he saved the originall one. it is in mint condition with very little use! just been layin in the barn eversince. im not sure if this will work. let me know what youre thinkin. thanks BOB"

To me this does not really seem like much of a scam or if it is, it's a really good one. I tried emailing him back but his provider shot it back to me and gave me some error, sounds like something is messed up on his end. This happens to me all the time.

Currently I have:

-Googled his name

-Tried the internet white pages

-Drove to the town where he lives and asked if anyone knew him or his last name (yeah, really!)

I have his full name and he is know as "the fifth" so it's not like anyone has ever heard of this name before. I'm thinking he has a cell phone so that is why he is not listed and does not live close to town.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next? I want to exhaust every option before I give up or find out it is a scam.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)